ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] ExchangeRate amounts

Hi Graham

Thanks for that link to a visual representation of the schema. It's neat
that they provide that. It's very easy to navigate and fast too. Cool.

Please forgive a simplistic question: Which amounts do you have
presented in two currencies (source and target)? Is there only one of
the remittance advice's many amounts (many considering tax, etc)
which needs, in your case, to be converted between currencies and
expressed as an amount in each? If so, maybe this is a special case
for a remittance advice and would just need a small change. I think it
may be too late for UBL 2.1 though, but perhaps someone closer to
things in UBL TC will correct me. If it is too late you might want to think
about using the extension

http://schemas.liquid-technologies.com/Oasis/UBL/2.0/default.html?url=http://schemas.liquid-technologies.com/Oasis/UBL/2.0/UBLExtensions25.html

You would have to create an extension XML format/schema but it looks
like you only need to represent these two unambiguous amounts.

Like I say though, hopefully someone closer to the UBL procurement
modelling (PSC) can reply to this too.

Best regards

Stephen D Green

>>> Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> 24/10/09 11:05 >>>
Hi all,

I am currently trying to apply a remittance advice document to act as a
message from a payment gateway, and am struggling with exchange rates.

The payment gateway provides both the source currency and the target
currency, and the source amount and the target amount.

The ExchangeRate type in the UBL schema provides a source currency rate,
and a target currency rate, but doesn't offer the option to specify the
amounts charged explicitly.

From what I can see, this means you need to infer the target amounts
given the exchange rate, which is subject to rounding errors. This will
make it difficult to reconcile accounts at a later stage.

Are there any plans to add explicit amounts to the ExchangeRate type, as
described below? (or plans to offer an equivalent mechanism)

http://schemas.liquid-technologies.com/Oasis/UBL/2.0/default.html?url=http://schemas.liquid-technologies.com/Oasis/UBL/2.0/ExchangeRate3.html

Regards,
Graham