ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Issues with currency codes that does not appear in the UBL 2.0 schema

For Currency Codes we should align with the codelist available into the
CEFACT D09B directory:

http://www.unece.org/uncefact/codelist/standard/ISO_ISO3AlphaCurrencyCode_20100407.xsd

The D09B directory follows with other updated code lists:

http://www.unece.org/cefact/xml_schemas/index.htm#2009B

Cheers,

Roberto

> At 2011-02-09 13:52 +0100, Mikkel Hippe Brun wrote:
>>We have found some currency codes that does not appear in the UBL
>>2.0 schema: [AZN, GGP, GHS, IMP, JEP, MGA, RON, RSD, SDG, SRD, TRY]
>>
>>AZN     944     2       Azerbaijani manat       Azerbaijan
>>GGP Guernsey pound (non-ISO)
>>GHS     936     2       Ghanaian cedi   Ghana
>>IMP     Isle of Man pound (non-ISO)
>>JEP Jersey pound (non-ISO)
>>MGA     969     0.69897...[2]   Malagasy ariary         Madagascar
>>RON     946     2       Romanian new leu        Romania
>>RSD     941     2       Serbian dinar   Serbia
>>SDG     938     2       Sudanese pound  Sudan
>>SRD     968     2       Surinamese dollar       Suriname
>>TRY     949     2       Turkish lira    Turkey, Northern Cyprus
>>
>>Any recommendations on how to handle these?
>
> Yes, use the PRD1-UBL-2.1 CVA and genericode files:
>
> XML:
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd1-UBL-2.1/cva/UBL-DefaultDTQ-2.1.cva
> HTML:
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd1-UBL-2.1/cva/UBL-DefaultDTQ-2.1.html
>
> The UBL 2.1 currency code genericode file is here:
>
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd1-UBL-2.1/cl/gc/default/CurrencyCode-2.1.gc
>
> To look specifically at the rendering of that genericode file, look
> inside the HTML cited above and you see:
>
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd1-UBL-2.1/cva/UBL-DefaultDTQ-2.1.html#d11e1
>
> As for GGP, IMP and JEP, which are not in that list, you need to use
> a private currency code list and express the union of the UBL code
> list and your private list.
>
> Actually, I like the idea of the UBL committee creating a
> supplementary code list genericode file that includes those codes,
> and we could build that into the UBL 2.1 release.  If you need these
> codes, then likely others would need those codes.
>
> In order to create that list, I would need some official citation of
> an enumeration of supplementary currency values that would include
> GGP, IMP and JEP ... does such an "official" enumeration exist anywhere?
>
> In UBL 2.1 PRD 1 and PRD 2, all currency values are validated with a
> union of the UBL 2.0 currency codes and the UBL 2.1 currency codes
> (this allows you to handle both the old currency code for the Turkish
> Lira and the new currency code for the Turkish Lira at the same time).
>
> I might be able to squeeze the new supplementary code list into PRD 2
> but I could reliably put them into PRD 3.
>
> I suggest you submit a formal comment to the UBL committee citing an
> enumeration of supplementary currency code values (preferably
> existing but you could create such an enumeration yourself) asking
> the committee to consider building in support for these in a release
> as soon as possible.  I'll pick it up from there and explain the
> situation to the TC.
>
> But until that becomes "official", you merely express the codes
> yourselves in a genericode file and you modify the CVA file to
> [...]

* JAVEST by Roberto Cisternino
*
* Document Engineering Services Ltd. - Alliance Member
* UBL Italian Localization SubCommittee (ITLSC), co-Chair
* UBL Online Community editorial board member (ubl.xml.org)
* Italian UBL Advisor

  Roberto Cisternino

  mobile: +39 328 2148123
  skype:  roberto.cisternino.ubl-itlsc