ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] XML NDRs: UBL 2.0, 2.1, CEFACT 2.1, 3.0

I went into code lists because there are data types using enumerations.

Here I see lot of "imports" which is not very light:

http://www.unece.org/uncefact/data/standard/QualifiedDataType_8p0.xsd

I think this practice is mentioned in CCTS or NDRs.

> Roberto,
>
> Not sure why you went into code lists as I didn't address it in my reply
> at all.  Rather I just focused on the difference between CCTS and NDR and
> did not address any differences between UBL and UN/CEFACT.  You may want
> to do that analysis yourself, especially for v3 which creates specific
> packages for specific deliverables which is a paradigm shift in how
> standards are developed and delivered in that it breaks the monolithic
> approach.

I noted "packages", I am trying to understand which is the effort required
by implementers to keep their software updated with latest code lists.

But packaging is not removing enumerations from what I understand.
I would prefere to have a more stable document model with no enumerations
inside.

Thanks for the packaging info.