ubl-dev message

Subject: What is the UBL TC?

At 2014-11-25 14:07 -0500, G. Ken Holman wrote:
I will act on this on behalf of the UBL TC.

I've been asked off-list by a member of UBL-Dev thw question "What is the UBL TC?"

That is a fair question since users of the UBL Specification may not be familiar with the provenance of the work.

OASIS is the Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards:

  http://www.oasis-open.org

A TC is a "Technical Committee" created under the rules of OASIS to address issues identified by a group of participants working together. That the rules are rigourously defined and policed is critically important in OASIS work, as it ensures open access to the work and qualifies the work to be accepted by others such as ANSI (in the US) and ISO (globally) and others. The detailed TC process rules are found here:

  https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process

The OASIS Universal Business Language Technical Committee (UBL TC) is responsible for all aspects of defining and publishing the UBL specification and other related work products:

  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/

The TC charter is here:

  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/charter.php

The open mail list archive of TC work is found here (participation in the mail list is reserved for OASIS members):

  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/

Non-member submissions to the TC are accomplished through this list:

  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/
  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

Information on joining OASIS is found here:

  https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/learn-how-to-participate-in-oasis

As a member of OASIS one can then become an observer of the TC or a member of the TC. Following the TC rules one can then become a voting member of the TC. As a voting member one can influence the important decisions of the TC.

I welcome any questions if people wish to know more details.

Free 5-hour lecture:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/ |
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ profile:       http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |