ubl-fpsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-fpsc] Code lists as a repository of code list supplemental information

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, G. Ken Holman wrote:

>>Rather than maintain two separate tables of information, we discussed in
>>our FPSC conference call today how much easier maintenance would be if the
>>currency symbol were kept in the currency code list documentation.

>>The new would be along the lines of (though I am only guessing at what the
>>classes might be):
>>
>><xs:enumeration value="USD">
>>	<xs:annotation>
>>		<xs:documentation>
>>			<xhtml:div class="Code_List._Expansion._String">
>>				<xhtml:p>US Dollar</xhtml:p>
>>			</xhtml:div>
>>			<xhtml:div class="Code_List._Expansion._Symbol">
>>				<xhtml:p>$</xhtml:p>
>>			</xhtml:div>
>>		</xs:documentation>
>>	</xs:annotation>
>></xs:enumeration>

Ken, can I check with you whether the "US Dollar" and "$" are
kept for just convenient "in-line" reading of the codelist
schemas, or that you'll have processors (XSLT processing included)
that will plug out values from these known elements to
perform other work like generating printouts?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML