ubl-fpsc message

Subject: FW: [ubl-fpsc] Agenda for today's FPSC call

Hi Chee Kai

These are very interesting thoughts and are along similar lines to those
that we are discussing within our UNeDocs project. Now that the technical
work of fpsc and UneDocs is moving towards an implementation stage it is
certainly time to consider how to promote external interest in our work.

There has been significant interest in the UNeDocs work in Asia particularly
in Singapore and Korea and maybe you would be interested to find out more
about these possibilities.

It seems to me that this is a good time to start to work a little more
closely and, I agree that the new UBL Implementation Sub Committee (PISC)
could be an appropriate opportunity to do so. Michele and I will discuss
next week whether SITPRO might join this new SC and I also agree that the
Tools aspect is important too.

I cannot unfortunately join this week's call but once back in the UK next
week I will follow this up with Jean McI and Michele.

regards

Sue

-----Original Message-----
From: Chin Chee-Kai [mailto:cheekai@softml.net]
Sent: 21 November 2003 02:34
To: G. Ken Holman
Cc: UBL FPSC
Subject: Re: [ubl-fpsc] Agenda for today's FPSC call

Any thoughts about the following:

- Guidelines on electronic output forms design.
  Rationale:  No two companies would have the same form for
		PO, Invoice, etc.  What and how should they
		do in order to design printout forms that
		they could somewhat claim to adhere to
		UBL and/or UN-Layout forms layout guidelines?

- Dummies' guide to why UN-Layout.
  Rationale:  How does a standardized layout format cope with
		the need for diversified forms presentation in
		real-life businesses?
		What role does the UN-Layout documentation provide?
		I can use the outcome myself too :)

- Consideration of input end, and input forms technologies
  Rationale:  Electronic forms are equally in terms of capturing
		the right kind of source data, and laying out
		the fields in a way that can enhance logical
		grouping of data (as presentation to humans)
		and ease subsequent forms processing.

- Consideration to work with TTSC and/or PISC
  Rationale:  Other than guidelines, FAQ and dummies' guide on
		the "soft" side, the actual showcase would
		ultimately be in the process of generating
		printed layouts, merging pre-formated layouts
		with instances, etc.  These would point to the
		consideration/need to see if some parts of the
		work could align/be-borrowed-from TTSC/PISC.

Just suggestions.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML
Tel: +65-6820-2979
Fax: +65-6743-7875
Email: cheekai@SoftML.Net
http://SoftML.Net/

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/4287/agenda-20031120.html

>>..................... Ken
>>
>>--
>>Next public European delivery:  3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2004-01-??
>>Instructor-led on-site corporate, government & user group training
>>for XSLT and XSL-FO world-wide:  please contact us for the details
>>
>>G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
>>Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
>>Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0    +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
>>ISBN 0-13-065196-6                       Definitive XSLT and XPath
>>ISBN 0-13-140374-5                               Definitive XSL-FO
>>ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
>>ISBN 1-894049-11-X               Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
>>Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:     http://XMLGuild.info
>>Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc
>>

>>To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of
the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl-fpsc/members/leave_workgrou
p.php.