ubl-fpsc message

Subject: Teleconference 2004-03-11 cancelled

Hi folks,

Due to circumstances I'm cancelling tomorrow's teleconference as we don't
yet have schemas and nothing has changed since last week.  It happens I am
teaching XSL-FO during the next two Thursdays, so if the FPSC committee
wishes to have a teleconference either of these days, you may go ahead and
do so, but you'll have to determine who is going to set the agenda and
record the minutes while I'm gone.

The phone slot will still be open (or still in use at the end of Anne's
call), so if you need to chat you can use the time.

I will attempt to fulfill committee needs for creating XPath files and
updating the formatting specifications, but to be honest it is going to be
difficult to meet the March 29 deadline, but:

(1) - I'll commit to producing XPath files as soon as Stephen tells me
which schemas are ready to to
(2) - I'm hoping Stephen can update the Office/Joinery formatting
specification XML files
(3) - I'm hoping Jean can update the XPath report pages with the updated
XPath files for the updated schemas
(4) - I will undertake to make the changes to the UN formatting
specification XML files during my travels, basing my work on Jean's updated
XPath reports ... it would be a luxury for me if Jean can also update the
UN formatting specification XML files (if so, let me know and I'll get you
the work in progress) but I understand if it cannot be done (also, the XML
Spy tool seems to be corrupting the entity structure that I'm setting up in
the XML files).

I most certainly will not have any stylesheets ready by the end of the
month, but that will be my April project and given that there will be time
to package and ship the UBL 1.0 package, I can write the stylesheets in
parallel.

I'll be back in my office for an FPSC teleconference April 1.

Please post any specific concerns to the maillist for all to see and to
respond.

Thanks!

--
US XSL training: Washington,DC March 15; San Francisco,CA March 22
World-wide on-site corporate, government & user group XML training