ubl-fpsc message

Subject: Re: Latest (and possibly last) fs/ subdirectory for UBL 1.0

At 2004-04-19 22:04 -0700, jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:
>What a stunning piece of work!

Thank you, Jon, on behalf of all of us!

>Some small items:
>
>    Cell padding in the "office" examples is not as pretty as that
>    in the "joinery" examples (what can I say -- you've spoiled
>    me).

Steve, may I leave this with you, please?  And if anyone should point to
any office or joinery issues while I'm away from the Internet for the next
12 hours, can you please act on the changes to those files?

>    Example Despatch Advice has generated label "Dispatch Number:";
>    this should be "Despatch Number".

Steve, I see that this is in the PDF file for Office Despatch Advice.  I
just tried to edit the PDF I have from you and my Acrobat Exchange can't
touch the text in it.  Can you please send me a revision?

>    The example form field information item documentation (2.1 of
>    index.html) says:
>
>       The box above includes two fictitious XML Path Language
>       (XPath) addresses that documents the locations of
>    I think "documents" in the first sentence should be "document."

Yes, of course.

>    The passage continues:
>
>       In the first of the two examples above, the item being
>       addressed is the cat:Street element that is a child of the
>       cat:Address element. In the second of the two examples, the
>       item being addressed is the countryId attribute of the
>       cat:Country element.
>
>    But I can't relate this description to the xpaths shown in the
>    table.  Maybe this is just me.

It's not you, it's me ... I changed the example XPath addresses but not the
documentation.  I chose two different examples in order to keep one of the
examples an attribute, and I added a paragraph on namespace
prefixes.  Also, I took out the word "fictitious" since the reason I
changed the example was to use a bona fide pair of addresses from an actual
document type.  I neglected then to cite an attribute example and have now
done so.

The latest (without Steve's changes) is now at (no password required):

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/6464/fs-20040420-0740z.zip

I'm away from the Internet while at the conference and ISO meetings and
should be back to my machine about 22:00 Central European Time to look for
any requests for changes.  Until you tell me that you are no longer
accepting revisions, we'll keep producing them with the polish that you ask
for than can get done.

BTW ... we've only included print-oriented presentations using A4-sized
pages, but I have US-letter-sized examples of the UN layouts that could
also be included, and can make US-letter-sized examples from the PDF files
that Steve makes.  I will try to go through all 19 document times and add
links to the US-letter-sized renditions if you think it will help improve
the package.  One comment from the last package is that it was too big ...
perhaps we have pared it down too much?  I'll look for an answer when I get
back to the Internet this evening.

Thanks again, Jon!

--
Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
Each week:   Monday-Wednesday: XSLT/XPath; Thursday-Friday: XSL-FO

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc