ubl-jplsc message

Subject: Re: Revised OASIS Membership Agreement - Draft for your Review

Dear Scott,
Thank you very much for your quick response.
I understand your comments.
Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott McGrath" <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org>
To: "'Yukinori Saito'" <saito-yukinori@fujielectric.co.jp>
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 8:02 AM

Saito-san,

Thanks for your thoughtful analysis and questions.

The proposed revised IPR policy had a similar member review period, the
Board is now considering the member response in determining the final
policy.  It will be announced as soon as the Board approves the revised
policy.  It is an extremely large and complex task to write a policy that
serves all our members' needs globally in the area of Intellectual Property.
We want to make certain we have it right, so it in unclear exactly when the
Board will be complete in their review, but I personally expect to see this
rolled out in as few months. The Anti-Trust Policy is also under Board
review.

We will facilitate processing the member agreement by fax and postal mail.
We are also exploring electronic signature options--seeking options that are
accepted globally.

We will make the new membership agreement available after we process the
member comments (such as yours on Section 9.2) and after the revised IPR
Policy is accepted by our Board of Directors. See my comments above, but my
personal guess, is this will be forthcoming in the next few months.  You
will have to sign the agreement by your next membership renewal or when you
wish to participate in a TC working under the revised IPR Policy.

I hope this helps,

Warmest regards,

Scott...