Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] UBL Library Content sub-committee meeting Jan 8th

Title: RE: [ubl-lcsc] UBL Library Content sub-committee meeting Jan 8th
i am concerned that we seem to have confused ourselves by focussing on tools rather than analysis.  if you dont mind i will share this response with the team list as i suspect others may be asking the same question.

your team is still trying to do the analysis of OrderHeader (and OrderSummary) - breaking its xCBL elements and attributes into logical BIEs.  the meta-data we are trying to capture is still the same as the columns on the starter spreadsheet (on the team web page).  you can complete your analysis using this spreadsheet if you wish.

however, if you want to enter this data directly as part of the draft XML schema (a la Gunther) then you are encouraged to do it that way.

following tuesdays meeting we shall be begin consolidating all this analysis into the draft XML schema and and when we meet we will initiate its maintainence in that form from then on.

what is important at this point is that we have analysis results, to be effective we need BIEs to be able to structure our document.  the way you want to capture this information is less important (we can transform the Excel form into XML schema, etc...).

CRAWFORD, Mark wrote:

Tim,

Working on deliverables for Marion's team.  Can you provide me a concise update on exactly what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Mark

http://oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/lcsc/admindocs/minutes121801.htm
> < http://oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/lcsc/admindocs/minutes121101.htm > )
>
> 3. Action arising from previous minutes:
> * NB point 6. We are aiming to have enough work done at that time to
> assemble a draft for Order, which can be firmed up into a better
> library submission for the face-to-face in 2 weeks time.
>
> 3. Reports on status of work teams
> Team 3 DeliveryDetail and PricingDetail (Gunther)
> Team 1 OrderHeader and OrderSummary (Marion)
> Team 2 BaseItemDetail (Peter)
> Harmonization (Tim/Lisa)
>
> 4. Discussion and confirmation of the methodology and objectives for
> future work.
>
> 5. Scheduling and agenda for face-to-face meeting
>
> 6. Reports on status of other UBL subcommittees
> Tools and technique sc (Arofan)
> Naming and design rules sc (Mark)
> Context drivers sc (Sue)
> Context assembly sc (Arofan)
>
> 7. Update of situation with CIQ committee
>
> 8. Technical Editor's report, web site updates, etc. (Lisa)
>
> 9. Other Business
>
> 10. Next meeting.
>
> NB I will be on leave until this call and unable to access my email
> until that time.

fremantle  western australia 6160
phone: +618 93352228  fax: +618 93352142