Subject: FW: [ubl-lcsc] Stylesheets delivered to Lisa; interesting image attached

Me too! Wow, Ken, this is starting to get really exciting. I will be sharing
this with my UNedocs colleagues and look forward to planning with you and
your colleagues how we might plan to move forward to using this technology
to illustrate cross-border trade facilitation.

regards

Sue

Sue Probert
Senior Director, Document Standards
Commerce One
Mobile: +44 7798 846652
Tel: +44 1425 275117 or +44 1753 483000
email: sue.probert@commerceone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim McGrath [mailto:tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au]
Sent: 27 January 2003 00:39
To: G. Ken Holman
Cc: UBL LCSC
Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] Stylesheets delivered to Lisa; interesting image
attached

I, for one, am amazed and what is now being produced.  Ken's work is
really the first UBL application and its results show the value of all
the effort UBL has put in.  Obviously, we have work to do, but to see
such artifacts is a great encouragement.

Thanks Ken, for giving us such positive re-inforcement.

G. Ken Holman wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've just delivered the latest stylesheet library to Lisa for
> inclusion on the UBL web site.
>
> Unfortunately, I couldn't find an appropriate home in the package for
> the attached image, but I thought the image would be of mild interest
> to the group.
>
> In Lisa's package is a JAR version of Crane's UBL stylesheet library's
> XSLT stylesheets.  The JAR was created by "Gregor", the XSLT compiler
> that reads W3C compliant XSLT stylesheets and bundles in a processor
> and supplemental requirements (invocation, etc.).  The founder of
> Ambrosoft http://www.ambrosoft.com Jacek Ambroziak, was very generous
> to donate his time and technology to this project to create the
> standalone Java implementation of Crane's stylesheets.
>
> The biggest design goal of Gregor is to run small and fast everywhere
> from servers to small platforms such as handheld devices, though this
> UBL project illustrates the use of Gregor to create standalone XSLT
> stylesheet environments: a single indivisible JAR with 23 embedded
> stylesheets invoked by the stylesheet name.
>
> This means that a user can perform the transformations using their
> local Java environment and the JAR without having to obtain an
> outboard XSLT processor.
>
> Mixing these benefits provided by Gregor, you also get all these
> stylesheets on a handheld, and the attached image shows the Zaurus
> Linux-based handheld displaying our sample UBL Order instance through
> our 220 Order stylesheet producing HTML:  the UBL processing is
> happening *on* the handheld, not just viewing the results processed
> elsewhere.
>
> This JAR will be part of the 0p70 directory when Lisa unpacks my
> latest delivery, and we'll have another one with the release-time
> stylesheets on Wednesday.
>
> I hope you find this image interesting.
>
> ................... Ken

> --
> Upcoming hands-on in-depth   Europe:         February 17-21, 2003
> XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO     North America:      June 16-20, 2003
>
> G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
> Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
> Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
> ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
> ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
> ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
> ISBN 1-894049-10-1              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
> Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc

fremantle  western australia 6160
phone: +618 93352228  fax: +618 93352142