Subject: [ubl-lcsc] Re: Customizing UBL

Well done Matt.  This is the best description of the UBL Context
Methodology I have seen (and all in 7 pages!).  I think you have
captured the essence of what your group is thinking. It clearly explains
what derivation and ur-types are all about and how they fit into our plans.

I hope you don't mind me forwarding this to the LC list.  this is
valuable background for our work this week. [Eduardo, I don't know if
anyone has asked if you can participate in some of the LC discussions??]

Like Matt, I cannot be in Denver, but I shall respond to his paper with
some questions and ideas.  However, I personally, would recommend he
hold the ball a bit longer!!

Matthew Gertner wrote:

>All,
>
>With apologies for the delay, I am attaching a very rough and
>preliminary draft of the documentation for customizing UBL. It is my
>understanding that this is to be made available to users of UBL to guide
>them in the customization process.
>
>The document is probably full of typographical and technical errors, and
>lacks a reference section to point users to related documents.
>Nonetheless, I hope it will serve at least as an outline for a future
>release document, which seems to me to be an indispensable addition to
>the current UBL release. I would be happy to revise the document based
>on your and others' comments. Or someone could pick up the ball and run
>with it...
>
>Finally, if you aren't interested in this, and I was wrong to send you
>this document, just ignore it! On the other hand, if I have forgotten to
>send it to some interested party, it is my assumption that someone in
>the distribution list will handle dissemination at the face-to-face.
>
>Enjoy Denver if you are going...
>
>Matt

fremantle  western australia 6160
phone: +618 93352228  fax: +618 93352142