Subject: [ubl-lcsc] Jean's comments on the draft mappings

From: "Jean McInerney" <jean@freasley.freeserve.co.uk>
To: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>,
    <tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au>
Cc: <sue_probert@hotmail.com>
Subject: Comments on the Draft Mappings
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 11:43:30 -0000

Hi Ken and Tim

Please find attached a zipped word document (CommentsOnDraftMappings.zip)
which contains my comments on the 3 draft mappings that Tim provided on Jan
31st.
Ken, can you please post this on the LSCS list, request from Sue.
Some of my observations have also been noted and discussed in your recent
emails 'Questions re: mappings'.

I agree with Tim's comment regarding the enumeration in the line items, the
information normally placed in this column would be information that would
identify the product or service i.e. a product code, as 'Item Identifier'
and 'Buyer's ID' are both required fields we could used either or both if we
are using more than 1 line per item. Which ever reference we choose this
reference should be available through the entire sequence of messages.

With regard to the following:
 > Faxed mockups of sample field displays may be more easily created than
 > trying to mock up layouts in software (my fax number is in my trailer).

it is hard for me to scan and fax - so this is the best i can do for now.

.....   over to Jean!

Can someone please clarify what is required, I can create sample forms with
data in PDF format, is that what is meant by 'over to me'?

regards
Jean McInerney
Tel: +44 (0)1827 892690