Subject: [ubl-lcsc] Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Tiny UBL Extension Example

thanks bill - it is heartening that as we start to focus on the
context/extension methodology we can see the mechanics falling into
place.  it also helps us in the LC group to see how the technology works.

do i take it from this example that you are now happy with the ur-schema
approach?

Burcham, Bill wrote:

>(cc-in LCSC since I know they're grappling with manual extension now too)
>
>Here's an example of a simple extension of the UBL 0p70 vocabulary.  I've
>defined a schema module that defines the namespace "third-party".  That
>schema imports the UBL Common Aggregate Types schema and defines an
>extension to AddressType.  The new (sub)type defined in "third-party" is
>called MyAddressType.
>
>I've included two XML instances -- the first, order-ubl.xml is a valid UBL
>Order.  The second, order-third-party.xml replaces one of the addresses in
>the order with an instance of MyAddressType.  That instance is also a valid
>UBL Order -- but of course also includes the "third-party" schema.  Here's
>the locality of change:

>		<cat:Address xsi:type="p3:MyAddressType">
>			<cat:ID>token</cat:ID>
>... The rest of the Address content (as defined by UBL) ...
>			<cat:Country>
>				<cat:Code>token</cat:Code>
>			</cat:Country>
>			<p3:MySpecialStuff>hello</p3:MySpecialStuff>
>		</cat:Address>
>
>At the end of the content model you see the added element "MySpecialStuff".
>This all looks reasonable to me and addresses the concern I had earlier in
>the meeting (look ma -- a pun!).  The extension schema is nice and short too
>-- only 13 lines!
>
>-Bill

fremantle  western australia 6160
phone: +618 93352228  fax: +618 93352142