Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] [code] First code list teleconference tomorrow 2003-08-14 11:00EDT/8:00PDT/15:00Z

It seems it will be hard to get everyone into a teleconference, so I
will put my bit in via the list....

I see the charter of this groups as:   "How UBL deals with codes",
divided into 3 parts

Part One:
Identifying and documenting appropriate code sets. (LCSC issues)
(includes requirements for additional meta data (such as FP))
- dealing with alternative code sets
- mandating or recommendations

Part Two:
Building XSD representations of code sets (NDR issues)
- annotation/documentation/appinfo
- reference to external schemas

Part Three:
Implementation and maintenance of code sets (LCSC/Liaison issue)
- synchronising
- editing
- publishing

We should not spend all our time on Part Two - we need parts one and
three to understand the problems that part two is supposed to be solving.

phone: +618 93352228