Subject: RE: [ubl-lcsc] Re: [ubl-ndrsc] xsd:documentation vs xsd:appinfo

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, CRAWFORD, Mark wrote:

>>We are under no obligation to use a particular feature of XSD,
>>only to use XSD.  We have made many decisions regarding the
>>appropriateness of using certain features - that is what NDR is
>>all about.

Many of those decisions were also reviewed, re-decided,
deprecated and expanded.  I'm not sure sometimes certain
decisions made are the most corret, but we go along anyway.
But some are just plain irky -- that's what the debate is all about.

Why <documentation> then?

>>Exactly.  And we, as NDR determined that the right thing
>>was to avoid the use of AppInfo to ensure broadest market
>>appeal.  I have a business case that says that we will
>>loose part of our audience if we include normative AppInfo
>>in our schema.

I'm sure it has been appropriately assessed then that
that single business case represents more than 80% of
the world's estimated market for business....

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML