Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] Re: UBL 0.81 CCT draft-9-mod

| what is the problem with making code and identifier (and every
| other data type) as 'string'? what are we trying to gain by
| enforcing patterns in the data?

Basically the same things you get by specifying a schema in the
first place.

1. The offloading of as much constraint checking as you can onto
   the client in order to minimize the number of returned messages
   from the recipient.  This becomes especially important when
   trying to get away from the need for 24x7 connectivity, as in
   the current RosettaNet Appliance effort.

2. The ability of generic schema-aware XML editors to become
   self-configuring data input interfaces.

Jon