Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] filenaming - minor rec

Stephen, Ken,

Ref Peter's comment, I've noticed that pre-draft-5 models
were sent as "1.0-alpha" while draft-5, draft-6 and draft-7
models were sent as "1-0-alpha".  And Ken's recent XPaths
are named as "1-0-alpha" as well.

I had named the schemas "1.0-alpha" following an LC call a while
back, when QA Packaging was setting up, that had tossed around
advantages and disadvantages about naming with a "." (nicely
summarised by Peter below).  I recall from memory that there
were some discussions about why "p" wasn't suitable
(as in "1p0), why "-" might not be appropriate (as in "1-0"),
and why it'd probably be best leaving it as ".".

Ref: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-lcsc/200308/msg00041.html
para 4 last section on Versioning noted the conclusion.

I'm ok to change if there has been some change of decision.
But more importantly, all our namings should follow the same
format.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML