Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] Code sets for Document and LineItem Status

Do we need a rule to make all code list values look uniformly
upper-cased?

It appears the various code list values, when compared
across various code list schemas, appear to have Upper Camel
Cases, with some having spaces in between multiple-worded values.

We may need to require implementation rules, for instance,
that when code list values are implemented in schemas,
they should go through the following transformations:

(Example shown is somewhat contrived to illustrate how the
transformation rule works.)

1. Remove all punctuations, except "-", and compacting the
   resulting string.  Multiple spaces would be reduced to a
   single white space, and remove prefixing and trailing
   spaces (required by base type xsd:token)

   E.g.   "New  York's  Philharmonic Orchestra    ---  Class A"
   -->    New Yorks Philharmonic Orchestra --- Class A

2. Replace multiple occurences of "-" with a single hyphen.

   E.g.   New Yorks Philharmonic Orchestra --- Class A
   -->    New Yorks Philharmonic Orchestra - Class A

3. Replace any occurence of the sequence " -", "- " and
   " - "  (space followed by hyphen, or hyphen followed by
   space, or space followed by hyphen followed by space)
   with just hyphen "-".

   E.g.   New Yorks Philharmonic Orchestra - Class A
   -->    New Yorks Philharmonic Orchestra-Class A

4. Replace any occurence of space " " with "-"

   E.g.   New Yorks Philharmonic Orchestra-Class A
   -->    New-Yorks-Philharmonic-Orchestra-Class-A

5. Replace all characters with their equivalent uppercase.

   E.g.   New-Yorks-Philharmonic-Orchestra-Class-A
   -->    NEW-YORKS-PHILHARMONIC-ORCHESTRA-CLASS-A

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML
Tel: +65-6820-2979