ubl-lsc message

Subject: [ubl-lsc] Minutes of UBL Liaison Subcommittee meeting 2002.03.29

Minutes of UBL Liaison Subcommittee meeting 2002.03.29

Present:

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Mark Crawford (UBL vice chair)
   Bill French (EIDX)
   Richard Mader (ARTS)
   Ray Seddigh (XBRL)
   Nigel Wooden (ACORD)
   Karl Best (OASIS)
   Beth Grossman (ACORD)
   Stuart Feder (invited observer)
   Garret Minakawa (invited observer)
   Sue Probert (chair, UN/EDIFACT T8)

New liaison:

   Nigel Wooden for ACORD (insurance industry)

Progress report on early reviews:

    - There appears to be an update to the LC SC package with an
      extension of reviews to 13 May; Mark will check with Tim
      McGrath and propose a plan.  General agreement that we need
      static review packages.

    - EWG: In Barcelona, briefed D1 (materials management), D2
      (procurement), D6 (finance), D9 (insurance), D14
      (accounting), T8 (harmonization); obtained commitments from
      D6 and D9 to provide feedback; received initial feedback
      from D1 and D2, hoping for additional.  T8 will have the
      opportunity to review, but input not expected in our
      timeline for the initial review cycle.

      Sue will invite D4 to review; Mark will invite D14.

    - EIDX: Review packages submitted to the Guidelines and
      Standards SC; we don't see any problems here, but the group
      seems unsure of what kind of analysis we're looking for
      (despite the review guide).  They may be looking for
      something a bit more interactive, e.g., a spreadsheet.

    - ACORD: Nigel will arrange.

    - IXRetail: People have agreed to review; looked at in Atlanta.

Meeting with OASIS staff 2002.03.28:

   OASIS will help us with relationships through ongoing
   conversations with standards organizations.  OASIS reps will
   sometimes sit in on LSC calls and help with press releases.
   OASIS will announce the release of our position paper on the
   involvement of industry standards organizations in UBL.

ACORD press release:

   OASIS will issue a press release announcing the addition of
   ACORD to the Liaison SC.  Jon Bosak will create a rough draft
   with the theme "ACORD brings insurance industry to UBL
   liaisons" (liaisons being "a broad group of standards
   associations" whose purpose is "to provide guidance" to the UBL
   effort.  Beth Grossman will provide a quote from ACORD.

Calendar:

   ACORD invites us to participate in a panel 2:15-3 p.m. Tuesday
   5/21 at their annual tech conference in Orlando 5/19-21
   (www.acordconference.org), UBL speaker TBD.

   A UBL presentation on ebXML Day at the XML Europe conference
   will be given either by Sue Probert or Mark Crawford.

Jon Bosak
Chair, UBL LSC