Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Agenda for UBL Naming and Design Rules meeting 14November 2001

Aha, I can see I responded too hastily to Gunther.  It sounds like we
should definitely get something specific on the agenda, so that we can have
a balance between "meta" and "pragmatic."

If we were to spend a half-hour brainstorming and ranking use cases, would
we get something useful out of it in terms of guiding our development of
positions?

And then if we were to spend a half-hour discussing Mark's document, would
it be productive in setting us up to organize and record our decision-making?

Assuming all that, this could give us an hour of time to talk about
specific positions.  We said that we would give two types of items the
highest priority: XSD feature support and customization strategy.  Dave's
suggestion is at the juncture of these (though I would note that the
approach in the context methodology paper doesn't presume the use of an
XSD-based restriction mechanism...).  Are there others?  Does elements vs.
attributes count?

Here's another cut at the agenda:

1. Roll call
    See member list at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/

2. Acceptance of minutes of 7 November 2001 meeting
    (please send discrepancies *before* meeting):

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200111/msg00026.html

3. Adoption of agenda (please send suggestions *before* meeting)

4. Compile and rank use cases (.5 hr)

    Use Dave's suggested template:
    1. Short and descriptive use case name
    2. Assumptions or preconditions before use case is invoked
    3. Sequence of actions from the perspective of the actor

5. Review and prioritize Mark's draft (.5 hr)
    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/drafts/ndr-20011112.doc

6. Positions (1 hr)
    . Should customizations just add, add/subtract, or just subtract?
    . (What other positions are high-priority? to be further discussed on
       the list)

7. Next steps

8. Adjourn