Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Documenting our choice of XSD

I took an action item last week to write up a little section for the NDR
document that says we decided that the UBL source format would be
XSD.  When it came right down to it, it turned out to be a really tiny
section!  I suggest that we use simple wording that doesn't provide a
rationale (since it's largely not for technical reasons).  Does this seem
all right to everyone?

   "The normative schema documents that implement the UBL business document
types shall conform to XML Schema Part 1: Structures and XML Schema Part 2:
Datatypes."

Mark can put this wording wherever seems appropriate to him.  There are at
least two candidate locations.  My first thought was the introduction to
Section 4 (Design Considerations), whose subsections discuss various thorny
issues having to do with schema design (and, in some cases, specifically
XSD design).  However, this is an informative section; would that be
appropriate?  Another choice is in Section 5.1, General Rules (if it
survives my invasive comments on that section :-); in fact, the text in
rule #2 there already *almost* serves the purpose.

         Eve