Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Status of my Position-Paper"Size & Performance Consideration"

Hello all,

I'am working at a position paper "Size & Performance Consideration"
currently. I consider many different characteristics for it. For example:
Human readability, maximum size of tag names of databases, xPath-navigation,
maximum hierachies, maximum size, usability, understandability, redundancy,
etc.
I'am working on algorythm for it. This algorythm would be useful to find out
the shortest, unique and understandable ontologies for building tagname. It
will be working nearly similar as the huffman-tree. But I'am not finished
yet. I would be hand my first proposal after my vacation (if it possible).
That will be at the January of 7th. next year.
Have someone further information for created ontologies or markup
respectively? It will be useful for proofing my algorythm.

Mark: I guess, this kind of algorithm will be very useful for the work of
your position paper "Markup naming". Make this kind of algorithm sense? Do
mention of something like that in your position-paper?

Furthermore, I have some question. During my internal work I have seen some
lacks, where we have discuss about it. For example:
-> General definition of  Date, Time, Periods, Duration etc.
-> Using of Ranges (maxInclusiv, minInclusiv etc.), Regular Expressions,
Patterns in the Core Components
-> Adding of facets on general content components

Will this additional issues or could we do that in our current action plan?
If you need more information about it, i will send it after my vacation.

As well as a would like to apologize, that I can not participate to the next
telephone conference tommorow, because we are going into our christmas
holiday tommorow.

So I wish all of you and your family a merry christmas and a prosperous and
nice year.

Regards,

	Gunther