Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Dale's work on the legal issues text

Dale said that there is a need for a clear specification in UBL that the
schema-validated instance will always be taken to be the definitive document.

I'm not sure that'd be enough; I think two normative statements would
be needed.

- All UBL-compliant document instances MUST contain information about the
location and version (if the latter is relevant) of the schema to be used
to validate said document

- Only the infoset produced by document validation is canonical wrt said
document

Or, alternatively, one normative sentence would to the trick ;-)

- No defaulted attributes are allowed in UBL schemas.

--
Eduardo Gutentag               |         e-mail: eduardo.gutentag@Sun.COM
XML Technology Center          |         Phone:  (510) 986-3651 x73651