OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl-ndrsc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Agenda for 16 January 2002 UBL NDR meeting

NDR SC portal: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/

We will meet by phone on Tuesday, 16 January 2002, for ONE HOUR starting 
ONE HOUR LATER than our usual time, at:

   9-10am PT   (GMT -8)
   12noon-1pm ET (GMT -5)
   6-7pm Eur   (GMT +1)

Mark will be chairing this meeting in my stead; I can't attend.  Please use 
the following dial-in information (DIFFERENT FROM THE USUAL):

   +1 608 250 9281
   participant code # 143-099
   host code #449-630 (MARK SHOULD USE THIS ONE)


1. Roll call (till x:05)
    See member list at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/

2. Acceptance of minutes of previous meeting (till x:06)
    9 December 2001:

3. Adoption of agenda (please send suggestions *before* meeting) (till x:07)

4. Action item review (till x:09)

    ACTION: Mark to update tag structure position paper.
    Continued until Friday, January 11.

    ACTION: Sue and Maryann to do some use case brainstorming offline.
    Continued until the F2F.

    ACTION: Mark and Eduardo to propose a set of tag naming
    abbreviation rules before January 9.
    In progress (effectively DONE because we made a decision during this

    ACTION: Bill to update the modnamver position paper by Friday,
    January 11.

5. Current position paper champions, status, and priorities (till x:10)

    - Tag structure (A-priority)
    - Design principles
    - Relationship between UBL and UN/CEFACT constructs
    - Choice of schema language (DONE)
    - TPA
    - Customization (taken over by Context Methodology SC)
    - Modularization/namespaces/versioning (A-priority)
    - Elements vs. attributes
    - Document size and performance considerations (Section 6.1)
    - Use cases (with Maryann) (A-priority)
    - Local vs. global elements
    - Code (enumerated) lists
    - Legal issues

6.  Modnamver position (till x:50)

     See Bill's position paper:

     Can major parts of this problem be solved on the call?  Can the
     local vs. global question be solved entirely along with it?

7.  Specific goals for F2F #2 (till x:59)

     Please do make these very specific, so that people know how to
     prepare for the meeting and I know how to construct an agenda.

8.  Adjourn
Eve Maler                                    +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center   eve.maler @ sun.com

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC