Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Code lists: discussion kickoff

> Matthew Gertner wrote:
>
> The problem with this is that the codelists tend to be very long at
> the
> schema level but much more restricted at the instance level (after
> application of context). In other words, my currency list might
> contain 100
> items, but in reality for my specific application only 5 are likely.
> So
> using enumerations to generate forms directly from a schema with nice
> dropdown lists for the codelists isn't all that advantageous. You
> still need
> a mechanism for specifying which items from the huge grab bag of
> choices is
> actually needed for the application. That's why I think it might be
> worthwhile to reject the idea of enumeration altogether and just go
> with
> appInfo. Maybe we could use our context mechanism to create more
> manageable
> context-specific enumerations in the schema...
>
> Matt

 My favor will go to a complete enumeration in the core UBL schemas, and
let the contect specific rules strip off unnneeded values. I'll check if
it is allowed by XSD. This could provide what we need :
- instance validation (no external source)
- no huge list of values when we just need a subset (for form
generation,
  efficient transmission, etc.)

	Fabrice
--
Fabrice Desré - France Telecom R&D/DTL/MSV
Tel: +(33) 2 96 05 31 43