Subject: RE: [ubl-ndrsc] Draft X12 XML Reference Model

Thanks for forwarding the draft Mike.  I skimmed it a little deeper this
morning.  Thought folks might value a quick take.

It appears that as it stands this might properly be viewed as two separate
documents: the first, an exposition on the CICA architecture (Context
Inspired Component Architecture) and the second, a set of XML design rules.

The CICA architecture is at a level similar to Core Components but also
addresses some of the same issues as Context Methodology: e.g. process and
role.  It doesn't appear to subsume or be subsumed by the Core Components or
Context Methodology.

The design rules I looked at, for the most part, do take a position.  They
actually give concrete recommendations!  That's a Good Thing.

I see little connection between CICA and the XML design rules.  I suppose
that'll be addressed as this document moves forward.  For now, I think we
should use the XML design rules as source material and ignore the CICA stuff
since it is nascent and wildly divergent from our chartered basis in Core
Components and Context Methodology.

Regards,
Bill