Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] SQUIRTS, CCTS feedback and "Primitive Types"

There was an error in the metamodel presented in our CCTS 1.8 feedback (v 5.2).  At the end of section 2 on page 7 we show BCC related to Primitive Type through BCCProperty.  That was wrong because it fails to distinguish the 1-1 relationship between a BCC and it's "content component".  A better model is shown here (inline and attached as PDF):

In this model we explicitly show the distinguished relationship between BCC and its content component (of meta-class "Primitive Type").  The association role "contentComponent" captures this special relationship explicitly.  This model retains the BCCProperty to relate the BCC to its supplementary components -- each of which needs to be named in relation to the BCC.

Arofan -- do I understand SQUIRTS right, that a SQUIRT is essentially what I've shown as a "PrimitiveType" in the diagram.

So that's two issues:
1. we added an association directly from BCC to PrimitiveType for the content component
2. we might need to change the metaclass PrimitiveType to SQUIRT

Thoughts?

-Bill