Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Agenda for 28 August 2002 UBL NDR SC meeting

Dear all
please find attached a copy of our agenda for tomorrow's meeting. Please check
the portal tomorrow morning before joining the call for updates to the NDR
document and the NDR spreadsheet. I will update this first thing tomorrow ahead
of our call.
--------------------
Agenda for 28 August 2002 UBL NDR SC meeting

The NDR SC will meet by phone on Wednesday, 28 August 2002, at
11:30am-1:30pm Eastern Daylight Time:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?
year=2002&mon=08&day=14&hour=15&min=30&sec=0

Please use the following dial-in information:

     Toll-free (from the U.S.)         +1 888 422 7141
     International access/caller-paid  +1 334 832 4208
     Participant code                  242-630
NDR SC agenda:

1. Roll call (quorum is 8)

2. Acceptance of minutes of previous meeting

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200208/msg00032.html

3. Adoption of agenda/schedule planning

    August 28:
    - Regrets from Eve
    - Regrets Fabrice
    - NDR document review
    September 4:
    - Regrets from Paul Thorpe
    September 11:
    - Regrets from Paul Thorpe, possibly from folks in Geneva
    - NDR document review
    September 18:
    - Regrets from Gunther Stuhec
    - Approve documents for review distribution #3
    September 25:
    - No meeting; work on other UBL tasks instead
    October 1-4:
    - F2F #5 in Burlington, MA, USA

    A NDR document improvements (review every two weeks)
    A+ Embedded documentation NEARLY DONE
    A Code lists IN PROGRESS
    A Dates and times IN PROGRESS
    A Nested supplementary components IN PROGRESS
    A Identifier references and whether to pass content by reference
    A- Local vs. global elements
    B+ Containership IN PROGRESS
    B Updating guiding principles
    B Modnamver URN/schema location
    B Referencing of content, e.g. for attachments
    C Facets
    C Wildcards/open content
    C Nillability
    C Aggregation of similar information for XPath V1.0 addressing

4. Action item review

   Lisa:
    - NEW: Send out the normalization paper.
    - NEW: Ask Tim to fix the Identifier->ID spreadsheet formula bug.
    - NEW: Check whether we have an inappropriate rule on treating
      RTs as reserved.

    Arofan:
    - Update the embedded documentation paper according to August 7
      decisions.

    Mavis:
    - Update the issues spreadsheet with Eve's comments.
    - Amend NDR document to add example code for Period. IN PROGRESS
    - Update NDR draft 15 with comments from our August 14 comments.
      IN PROGRESS
    - Update issues spreadsheet to contain externally received NDR
      comments.

    Eve:
    - Finish draft of code list document. IN PROGRESS
    - See if Mavis might be available for August 28 call. DONE
    - NEW: Raise awareness of the containership issue to the CSC.

    Gunther:
    - Write content referencing paper. IN PROGRESS
    - Send date/time NDR snippets to Mavis. IN PROGRESS
    - With Arofan, prepare samples of how to handle second-tier
      attributes. IN PROGRESS
    - Bring the donkey to Burlington!

    Bill:
    - Update modnamver paper by September 11.
    - Start an email thread proposing a schema location solution.
    - NEW: Start a thread on RTs in aggregates and possible NDR
      document bugs in this area.

5. Other SC reports

6. Chairs SC issues

     A. How to put the containerize rule to the UBL comments list. (Arofan to
explain)
     B. Joint meetings between NDR and LCSC.

7. Review latest NDR document and review the NDR comments spreadsheet

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/current/wd-ublndrsc-ndrdoc-16.doc

    a. Top-level message/element naming issue
    b. Continue reviewing NDR draft 15, Section 10
    c. New principle wording
       See this message:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200208/msg00025.html
    d. New rule for naming of lists
       Do we need to discuss this further based on Bill's input?

8. Finish embedded documentation decisions

     See minutes for 14th August for previous decisions and status.

    - Where to insert all the documentation elements in each XSD
      construct?
    - Make sure to at least provide a reference to the code list
      document, which puts some requirements on documentation.
    - Need to include rules on which fields need to be present for
      which XSD constructs.
    - The UBL schema modules need to incorporate XHTML Basic properly
      (e.g., declaring its prefix? importing the schema?).
    - We need to say explicitly what XHTML Basic version number.

9. Adjourn

--
Mavis Cournane                                        +44 7816 904739
Cognitran Ltd