Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Agenda for 25 September 2002 UBL NDR SC meeting

Agenda for 25 September 2002 UBL NDR SC meeting

The NDR SC will meet by phone on Wednesday, 25 September 2002:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2002&mon=09&day=25&hour=15&min=30&sec=0

Please use the following dial-in information:

      Toll-free (from the U.S.)         +1 888 422 7141
      International access/caller-paid  +1 334 832 4208
      Participant code                  242-630

1. Roll call (quorum is 8)
    Mike Grimley has sent regrets

2. Acceptance of minutes of previous meeting

     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200209/msg00040.html

3. Adoption of agenda

4. Schedule planning and prioritizing

    Our freshly prioritized list is as follows:

    A Local vs. global
    A Code lists
    A CCT module work
    A Containership
    B Referencing strategies
    B Naming rules wrt CCTS V1.85
    C Facet outreach
    C Modnamver
    C Embedded documentation
    C ASN.1 schema
    C Updating guiding principles
    C Wildcards
    C Nillability
    C Instance constraints

    The preliminary F2F agenda was posted here:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/200209/msg00022.html

    Do we need to get more specific than "work down our list"?

    For those who can't attend the F2F, can we find a mutually agreeable
    time to hold a telecon?  Suggestion: sometime Thursday morning,
    October 3, in order to allow us to do some work first and collect
    our questions for the absent folks.

5. Review open action items

      Gunther:
      - Write content referencing paper.
      - Send date/time NDR snippets to Mavis.
      - With Arofan, prepare samples of how to handle second-tier
        attributes.
      - Bring the donkey to Burlington!

      Bill:
      - Update modnamver paper. (C)
      - Start an email thread proposing a schema location solution. (C)

      Arofan:
      - Update the embedded documentation writeup.

     Eve:
     - Suggest new F2F agenda item to Jon. DONE

6. Local unqualified vs. local qualified vs. global

    Fabrice's position paper:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/archive/p-desre-localvsglobal-01.pdf

    Bill's role model paper:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/archive/draft-burcham-rolemodel-04.pdf

7. Adjourn

Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 883 5917
XML Web Services / Industry Initiatives      eve.maler @ sun.com