Subject: [ubl-ndrsc] Re: NDR paper for XML 2002

This is a truly awesome piece of work - well done.  I think it encapsulates the scope and innovation of work done by NDR excellently.  I learned stuff from this.  Thank you.

You may be interested to know that  Bob Glushko and I also have a paper 'Patterns and Reuse in Document Engineering' at this conference.  This describes how Document Engineering principles and methods are being applied in the effort to develop Universal Business Language.

Eve L. Maler wrote:
I just submitted the NDR paper for XML 2002.  I worked on it this weekend, and though I tried to get a few people to review it, the timing was bad.  Sorry about that!  (On Thursday I had 1 page.  Now I have 20.  Need... sleep... :-)  I'm grateful for reviews done by Eduardo and Mavis.

If you folks see major errors in here, please let me know immediately.  I don't know if I'll be able to correct them in the proceedings, but at least I can try, and if it doesn't work, I can mention corrections in the actual talk.  Note that there is some NEW WORK in here, mostly around how the global qualified elements are supposed to work.  If it's correct, we might be able to use it for the NDR document.

In fact, if you're all generally okay with the content and think it's helpful, perhaps we could use it as an appendix or overview to the NDR document (and/or other parts of the distribution), or a separate reader-friendly explanation.

Thanks,

    Eve

p.s. The file names come from the conference organizer's assigned identifier.  If we publish this on our own, the document identifier should be more like wp-ubl-ndroverview-nn if we think it should be a white paper.

--
regards
tim mcgrath