Subject: Decisions Made in London

Review for tomorrows call:

 Decisions Made:
Using this document we made our own agreements at the London UBL Face to
Face.  ATG2 - Agreed Upon Naming and Design Rules.  UBL decisions marked at
the end of every point.

a) Processing Instructions MUST NOT be used - CORE UBL SCHEMA MUST NOT
CONTAIN PROCESSING INSTRUCTIONS.

b) The Nillability attribute MUST NOT be used - AGREED

c) Wildcards MUST NOT be used - AGREED

d) Two schemas shall be developed for each standard. One schema shall be a
run-time schema devoid of documentation. One schema shall be a fully
annotated schema that employs XHTML for the annotations. - AGREED

e) Mixed Content MUST NOT be used - AGREED, excluding documentation. We have
agreed on Should not instead of Must Not.

f) Built-in Simple Types SHOULD be used where possible - NOT APPLICABLE

g) Simple Type restriction MAY be used wherever possible - AGREED (LEAVE OUT
"WHEREVER POSSIBLE".

h) Union technique MAY be used to merge datatypes - NOT APPLICABLE, Should
Not be used. (Codelists are excluded).

i) Complex Types MUST be named - AGREED

j) The absence of a construct or data MUST NOT carry meaning - AGREED

k) Substitution groups MUST NOT be used - AGREED

l) Attribute Groups MAY be used - AGREED

m) ID/IDREF MUST NOT be used - AGREED

n) The XSD prefix MUST be used. xmlns:xsd=http://www.w3.org/2001/xmlSchema -
AGREED, The prefix "xsd" MUST be used when referring to XSD namespace.

o) The XSI prefix SHALL be used where appropriate - AGREED, SEE WORDING PER
N ABOVE.

p) Abstract Complex Types MAY be used. - AGREED FOR UR SCHEMA.

q) (not finalized) Complex Type extension SHOULD be used where appropriate -

r) (not finalized) The 'final' attribute shall be used to control

s) (not finalized) The 'block' attribute shall be used to control

t) Complex Type restriction SHOULD be used

u) The 'final' attribute SHALL be used to control

v) The 'block' attribute SHALL be used to control

w) Key/KeyRef May be used - AGREED, not finalised for our purposes. We still
need to work through and define rules.

x) Notations MUST NOT be used - AGREED

y) UpperCamelCase (UCC) MUST be used for naming elements and types - AGREED

z) lowerCamelCase(lCC) MUST be used for naming attributes - AGREED

Lisa Seaburg
AEON Consulting
Website: http://www.aeon-llc.com
Email:  lseaburg@aeon-llc.com
Alternative Email: xcblgeek@yahoo.com
Phone: 662-562-7676
Cellphone: 662-501-7676

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun."
                       -Katharine Hepburn
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Seaburg;Lisa
FN:Lisa Seaburg (E-mail)
ORG:Aeon LLC
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(662) 562-7676
ADR;WORK:;;;Senatobia;MS;38668;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Senatobia, MS 38668=0D=0AUSA
URL;WORK:http://www.aeon-llc.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:lseaburg@aeon-llc.com
REV:20030513T154444Z
END:VCARD