Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Decisions Made in London

At 10:44 AM 5/13/2003 -0500, Lisa-Aeon wrote:
>b) The Nillability attribute MUST NOT be used - AGREED

Just getting back into things and reading old email.

This particular issue came up for my organization. Basically this says that
no use of EMPTY tags would be allowed (except for string values, due to
schema definitions) - is this also part of this statement and should it be
refined to also include EMPTY string tags?

For use, we originally said no EMPTY tags in data streams, but we then had
an issue where we wanted to send a copy of a policy (or better yet the
update for next year) and we wanted to indicate values that should be
removed that might not be used any longer or a coverage that was no longer
supported. We decided to do this within one type of message and allow the
EMPTY tag to indicate the removal of the value.

I think you should tighten up the description if the intention is to remove
the use of EMPTY tags as well.

..dan