Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Rule 20 a-n

>>Voting period on this rule ends:  August 27, 2003
>>
>>*******************************
>>
>>[R20a] A schema module defining all CCTS Core Component Types MUST be
>>created.

Sorry, I need some clarification here.

Does a "schema module" here refer to a physically separate file?

>>[R20b] The Core Component Type Schema Module MUST be named
"CCTS CCT Schema Module"

Is this referring to just a descriptive labeling name for the
file, or the actual filename itself?  Does it affect how
the filename is being labeled?  It's going to change things
a bit if this refers to filename.

>>[R20d] The CCTS CCT Schema Module namespace MUST be represented by the token
>>"cct"

Editorial:  I think I get the idea of what it's saying, but
perhaps it's more proper to reference the "prefix" in something
like:

[R20d] Where XML prefix names are used to refer to the CCTS CCT
Schema Module, these prefix names must be the string "cct".

(Note the condition "where XML prefix names are used" is to
cater to a default-namespaced declaration of CCTS CCT Schema
Module, in which case a prefix is not required)

>>[R20h] The Representation Term Schema Module MUST be named "CCTS
>>Representation Term" Schema Module

Again, I need to ask for a clarification if this refers to the
requirement of a physically separate file, and if so, whether
"CCTS Representation Term" is to be the filename (without extension
and with spaces)?

>>[R20j] The CCTS Representation Term Schema Module namespace MUST be
>>represented by the token "rt"

Editorial:  Suggest the following:

[R20d] Where XML prefix names are used to refer to the CCTS
Representation Term Schema Module, these prefix names must be
the string "rt".

(Note the condition "where XML prefix names are used" is to
cater to a default-namespaced declaration of CCTS CCT Schema
Module, in which case a prefix is not required)

>>[R20k] A schema module defining all UBL Datatypes MUST be created.

Again, is this to be a physically separate file?

>>[R20l] The UBL Datatypes Schema Module MUST be named "UBL Datatypes" schema
>>module

Is this "UBL Datatypes" the suggested filename of the file,
without extension and with spaces?

>>[R20n] The UBL Datatypes Schema Module namespace MUST be represented by the
>>token "dt"

Editorial:  Suggest the following:

[R20d] Where XML prefix names are used to refer to the UBL
Datatypes Schema Module, these prefix names must be
the string "dt".

(Note the condition "where XML prefix names are used" is to
cater to a default-namespaced declaration of CCTS CCT Schema
Module, in which case a prefix is not required)

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML
Tel: +65-6820-2979