Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Import Rules

Mark,

In message
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200309/msg00028.html

I have asked about R90 (n.k.a. SSM6) "What is this talking about??"
to which you responded:

"We may have missed the wording here, but my understanding is we
were trying to preclude importing a schema module that imports
a schema module (NOT allowed)"

I have thus taken your new wording as the real meaning of
SSM6 and it would have meant, I thought, that if  schema A
imports schema B, then schema B is not allowed to import
another schema C.

(ie. precluding importing schema B if schema B has imported
schema C)

Your wordings in the message was clear in this meaning, but the
wordings in R90 (SSM6) weren't very clear what the pronouns
such as "that", and terms like "another".  It also carries
a different meaning from your message explanation.

Assuming your message explanation is the intended meaning,
then forbidding  A <-- B <-- C wouldn't be practicle, as
we have  Invoice <-- CAT <-- RT <-- CCT.

I might have unintentionally added other Limitations on Import
(not stated in Section 3.3.3 regarding disallowing circular
imports).   Incidentally, you could consider importing this
rule into Sec 3.3.3.

Eduardo pointed out repeated imports vs circular imports,
both being related but different things.  I agree with that.
But I'm more concerned with forbidding circular imports
(which necessarily implies repeated imports indefinitely
if the application doesn't impose extra checks), as opposed
having multiple import elements of the same schema.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML
Tel: +65-6820-2979