ubl-pre-award message

Subject: Pre-award meeting Minutes of meeting 10 April 2019

Attendees:
Oriol, Yves, CÃcile

Due to the missing participants only one  issue  is addressed:
See comment in
	1. UBL-200

Discussion about having bundles of more notices or notices with more complex elements

A very important discussion on whether to manage the multiple cardinalities of official language for one notice by adding complexity in the notices or by bundling more instances of notices or to address the problem of tendering process specific to a lot by creating a notice for the given lot with the general idea of having more atomic notices that woud be bundled to convey the set of procurement information of the whole procedure.

Argument for bundling:
	- Simplification of the model
	- Simplification of the business(by simplifying the documents, the human beings will start thinking in a simpler way)
	- Similarity with the invoicing case
	- Look at OCDS: easy to use /our model is already complex
	- We try to convey all the business logic of the tendering process in the documents, may be we need to consider that the system should play a more important role.
	- Look at the legal requirements not only from a legal perspective. Address the business needs and identify the data elements that serve this need in a technical manner.

Arguments for having a more complex model:
	- Ease of storage of one document
	- Ease of applying business rules (difficulty to check rules cross document) Need to rely on the system.
	- Some information common to all or some elements will have to be duplicated. e.g. maximum estimated amount, or informations that apply to grouped lots.
	- No self containement of information.
It is too late to have this discussion in UBL2. Could be for UBL3.0 ?