Subject: Re: SV: [ubl-psc] Re: Action item from the Pacific call

On paper the Withholding tax total is always printed as well as the
related taxable amount (the amount subject to withholding tax) which is
not the same of VAT Taxable amount.

The withholding tax is applied to just certain invoice line items (usually
expenses are excluded), this is why we need a separate ABIE for such Tax
and both the document root and line items.

The important things are:
- the Invoice total amount includes the withholding tax
- the payable (due) amount do not includes the withholding tax (as this is
paid by the debtor to the creditor)
- the withholding tax amount is paid by the debtor (customer) to the Tax
Authority on behalf of the creditor.

The witholding tax is the same concept of the personal income taxes paid
by the employer for all his employees.

Roberto

> Hi Oriol
>
> Does this imply a summary element in LegalMonetaryTotal?
>
> /Peter

* JAVEST by Roberto Cisternino
*
* Document Engineering Services Ltd. - Alliance Member
* UBL Italian Localization SubCommittee (ITLSC), co-Chair
* UBL Online Community editorial board member (ubl.xml.org)
* Italian UBL Advisor

  Roberto Cisternino

  mobile: +39 328 2148123
  skype:  roberto.cisternino.ubl-itlsc