ubl-sbsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-sbsc] UBP 2.0 definitions needing CPA templates

Thanks Sacha for this suggestion. I'm happy to go with your judgement for
option 2. Any others having opinions on this?
I'd be wary at this stage of separating the generic definitions
(proto-definitions?)
into a separate directory to help handling as this would force a separate url in
the package so the algorithms you use look OK and 'generic' is
unlikely to appear
in a UBL document type name to cause an error if that is the criterion.

Regarding attachment, I'm a little put off by the definition of
attachment in ebXML
which says it is binary and without semantic meaning. I think most
attachments to
SBSC-scope business documents would fall out of that category (the main ones are
pdf's carrying extra semantic information not found in the essential business
document XML part, such as the Danish government folk use, I believe, or there
are XML attachments which are excluded from the ebXML definition of attachment
in this context too).

Incidentally, I'm inclined to separate the UBP 1.0 out of the UBL 1.0
SBS package
into its own candidate committee specification, if the rules allow it.
This would allow
the SBS to proceed but the UBP to wait for further progressing of the
ebBP toward
full standardisation in case the UBP otherwise falls foul of necessary
changes to
the ebBP. It would be ideal to progress both package as soon as possible but I'd
not like to see users of the UBP having problems, say, with Includes
if they are using
the Standard schema for their derivatives but have to use an earlier
schema for the
included, inherited process definition. Is there any rsik of the ebBP schemata's
namespaces having to change (e.g. to '...ebxml-bp...' from
'...ebxmlbp...'? If not it
won't hurt to have the two packages separate as for UBL 2 anyway and
they can both
progress at the same time. I'm inclined to see the UBP as distinct
anyway. If there
is a problem with the UBP 1.0 getting from where it is as part of the
SBS package
to committee spec without having had all the review it needs (it
missed the first, 50 day
SBS public review and just had a 15 day review, I think), my own idea
for a contigency
plan is to combine the UBP for 1.0 with that for 2.0 and submit them
all for the 50 day review together if SBSC and the TC agree.

Either way, I feel safer changing the UBP 1.0 package yet again to refer not to
ebxmlbp-2.0.2 (or -2.0.3) but ebxmlbp-2.0, or whatever the stable name will be.
Hence, if it needs to be changed again before it gets through the process it can
be given a new release id without affecting the SBS.

Any thoughts?

All the best

Steve