ubl-sbsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl] UBL SBSC looking for renewed participation andactivities

Greetings Ken, Gruffudd, SBSC,

I've started looking at the draft SBS and have found
comparing it with my own work, the 'systml2' subset,
is a useful way to derive comments. I hope to document
a two-way gap analysis as time goes on but for now I've
a few preliminary comments.

The doc folder contents looks like a very nice, mature
way to describe the contents, along with the schemas.
This I particularly like but don't yet have any further
comments.

I do think I'll have a fair number of comments about the
content though - hoping it is very much still negotiable.

Content (preliminary comments):

1. the subsetting here seems a little too drastic - I
notice a few things that seem obviously to be missing
a. pricing information from the Catalogue and even from
the CataloguePricingUpdate, etc
b. many of the tax details commonly used in an invoice
(such as tax registration details, tax categorisations,
and even TaxPointDate)
c. delivery information missing from invoice

2. some possible divergences between existing subsets
could be occurring which might challenge implementers
such as:-
     certain ASBIEs could have one of a choice of
     several near-equivalent qualifiers, for example
     in Item there are several different qualified
     ItemIdentification ASBIEs and one subset could
     use one but another use another, even though they
     mean the same thing (Catalogue... vs Supplier... vs ...)

3. UBL Catalogue seems close to the two common structures
price list and product list which both amount to the same
thing - a set of lines having a picture (or link to one),
a price, a definition, an ID, further details about base
quantities, etc, a manufacturer and maybe a seller. It would
seem ideal to accommodate such in the Catalogue and related
subsets

That's all for now. Much more to come :-)

All the best and very glad to see this moving forward

--
Stephen Green

Partner
SystML, http://www.systml.co.uk