ubl-security message

Subject: Re: [ubl-security] New draft (UBL-XAdES-Profile 1.0-20100321)

Hi Andrea and all,

I think you have made a good summary of our discussion, and I agree with it.

Thank you!
Oriol

El 06/04/2010, a las 00:35, Andrea Caccia escribió:

I try to summarize, so I am able to update the draft:
- for enveloper signatures, there are will be 2 RECOMMENDED places for the URI defined by this SC:
- in cac:Signature/cbc:SignatureMethod , and
- in ext:UBLExtensions/ext:UBLExtension/ExtensionURI
at least one MUST be present. If both are present and not equal the verification fails.
- for detached signatures cac:Signature/cbc:SignatureMethod MUST be present
- for enveloped signatures ext:UBLExtensions/ext:UBLExtension/ext:ExtensionReasonCode MAY contain an identifier for the purpose of the signature. A code list qualified with attributes: agency, version… --> I ask Roberto to provide some text here

I'm expecting also some comments from Ken and the correct xpath from Juan Carlos, if these come in the next few days there is the chance I can produce a new draft by the end of this week considering all the contributions.

About adding some unsigned information, I suggested to use signature unsigned properties (inside the signature) as it is already a standard place to put any user defined content and is not signed, so it can be added after the signature without invalidating it (an example is when a timestamp attribute on the signature is added, of course after the document is signed).
If the data we do not want to sign is part of the UBL document it is more complicated as this requires to modify the xpath. I think we need a very good reason to proceed this way as it raises a lot of problems about how to make aware the user on what portion of the document is signed and what is not, and this could be very tricky to implement.

Andrea