ubl-security message

Subject: Re: [ubl-security] E-archiving UBL documents with external attachments

Hi Pim,

The UBL Security SC has focused on defining a way to digitally sign a UBL document by using UBL Extension capabilities and existant digital signature standards such as XML Dsig or XAdES.  I think you are going one step further as your requirement is to sign a package: A signature for the UBL document plus the binary attachments.

As you suggest, using External References can be a solution for this, as you are able to add the document hash in the external reference class, technically you can always sign the main UBL document which contents the hashes of the external binary objects. I am not a lawyer though, so maybe other people more knowledgable in legal aspects can confirm or rebate this point.

Best regards,
Oriol