ubl message

Subject: [ubl] Extending the November TC meeting

UBL members,

We previously resolved to hold our next TC meeting 18-21 November
2002 in Menlo Park.

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200206/msg00006.html

This meeting was mistakenly announced as 18-22 November.

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/200207/msg00016.html

I had on my list of things to do the sending of a notice
correcting this typo, but during the TC plenary 4 October it was
suggested that we actually go ahead and schedule Friday 22
November as part of the meeting.  People attending the meeting in
Burlington felt that they had achieved some real breakthroughs
meeting face to face and wanted to get even more work done next
time.

Since people attending five-day meetings invariably start to leave
early Friday afternoon, I suggested that we schedule a 4.5-day
meeting in order to explicitly recognize this pattern, and this
suggestion was accepted by those present.  If adopted for the next
meeting, this will mean a meeting schedule that runs from 09h00 to
17h00 Monday through Thursday and 09h00 through 14h00 on Friday.
This would work particularly well for people leaving Friday
afternoon from SFO after a meeting in Menlo Park.

I would put this to the TC as a formal resolution, but the fact is
that I didn't plan a fifth day when setting up the reservations
for this meeting, and it will take me a few days to find out
whether it will be possible to arrange for suitable rooms on
Friday 22 November.  So please just take this as an advisory for
the moment.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC