ubl message

Subject: UBL brochure and logo

Hello UBL members,

For this week's XML 2003 conference, I've prepared a new UBL
brochure and in the process updated our logo with a small
correction to the artwork.

The brochures are in a new format (bifold instead of trifold) that
should make them easier and a little cheaper to reproduce.  The
text was edited together from existing copy.  There are two
versions of the brochure, one for A4 (210 x 297 mm) and one for US
letter size (8.5 x 11 inches):

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/ubl-msc/download.php/4441/bro10b-a4-031208.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/ubl-msc/download.php/4442/bro10b-us-031208.pdf

The logo is provided as a JPEG file at 300, 600, and 1200 dpi.
You should always use a resolution quite a bit higher than that of
the output medium, because the logo will invariably have to be
resized to fit a design, and you want to give the resizing
algorithm as much to work with as you can.  I would use the 300
dpi version for slides and the 600 or 1200 dpi version for
everything else.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/ubl-msc/download.php/4443/logo-050-1.2pt-0300.jpg
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/ubl-msc/download.php/4444/logo-050-1.2pt-0600.jpg
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/ubl-msc/download.php/4445/logo-050-1.2pt-1200.jpg

All of these files should be accessible by anyone in the UBL TC.
Feel free to reproduce the brochure for events occurring in the
next month or so (the front page copy is time-sensitive and should
not be used after mid-January).  The logo can be used for slides,
business cards, etc.

Jon