ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Re: UBL coordination meetings

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 jon.bosak@sun.com wrote:

>>[chee-kai:]
>>
>>> Please practise what you preach (your refs below).
>>
>>No one was saying that we don't habitually stack up duplicate
>>recipients in our emails; we do.  What we're saying is that we're
>>going to try to stop doing that now.

I agree with you, Jon.  But that's what you are saying,
not Mark.  I haven't heard from him.

For Mark to claim judgment about others being rude to him,
I thought it is fitting to find out if his past has lived
up to the level at which he judges others.  And for some
reason, my counter on mails that he would have deemed rude AND
which he has imposed upon others, including myself, of such
wasn't 0.

Makes me wonder how to interpret his words.

>>> All I'm suggesting is that software can do the job of
>>> removing duplicates prior to distribution, and that helps
>>> a lot in our natural ways of email communications.
>>
>>You're no doubt right about that.  Who knows, maybe the software
>>that OASIS uses actually knows how!  I'll check.

I have reasons to believe I'm right;  which is why I thought
a reasonably simple technical solution is possible where people
don't have to change their natural way of communication.

But if there other reasons preventing that fix from happening,
then we'd probably have to ignore all the addressbook features
and change our ways of communications as you've suggested.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML
Tel: +65-6820-2979