ubl message

Subject: Coordination call 12 December 2003

For discussion in tomorrow's CSC coordination call, here is our
current list of coordination issues.  I suggest that we start at
the top and knock off as many as we can.  I further suggest that
we adopt the following procedure:

 - Describe the issue in greater detail.

 - Can we resolve the issue now?  If so, do it.

 - If not, can we identify an ad hoc resolution team consisting of
   those people who care most deeply about the issue and task them
   with scheduling a meeting among themselves to try to resolve
   it?  If so, do it.

 - If not, schedule a CSC coordination meeting specifically to
   address that issue.

The call starts at 7 a.m. California time Friday 12 December.

   STANDING INFORMATION FOR UBL CONFERENCE CALLS
   U.S. domestic toll-free number: (866)839-8145
   Int. access/caller paid number: (865)524-6352
   Access code: 5705229
      needs clarification

   + need owner for 'review of schemas to ensure they conform to
      ndr rules'

   + Detailed consideration of RosettaNet NDR input

     - how to get response to them for most recent submission
     - general response mechanism
     - liaison

2. Near-term issues

   + schema generation (?)

   + NDR rules

     - publication/feedback schedule
     - effect of changes on Beta -> FCS

   + Achieving final CCTS alignment

     - how to reach conclusion
     - how to deal with ccts as a moving target
     - how to handle differing interpretations

   + TBG 17

     - managing relationship/coordination
     - formal contribution of our semantics
       . identifying owner(s)
       . receiving, completing, and returning packet from/to Alan
       . schedule
           (guidelines finalized and distributed next week;
            9 Feb meeting will be next sumission deadline )

3. Longer-term issues

   + How to maintain and communicate thoroughly detailed diffs of
      changes between Beta and FCS for input to the localization
      SCs and beta implementors (must have for localization SCs)

   + Populating the OASIS Registry with UBL artifacts

     - what is needed
     - who can do it
     - deadline 15 January