ubl message

Subject: Re: Outcomes of coordination call 10 March 2004

We discussed code lists further in the CLSC meeting today.  This
resulted in refinements to the proposed changes and a plan for
moving forward.

1. Refinements

   Here is better language for what I posted earlier in reporting
   the outcomes of today's coordination call:

      Remove CLUDT, and where references were made in the document
      schema modules and aggregate schema module to CLUDT, now
      refer to UDT, and where references were made in the code
      list schema module to CLUDT, they are now made to CCT.
      Namespaces are revised accordingly.

      NDR section 6 and the schema architecture diagram shown in
      Washington will need to be changed to reflect these changes
      to the code list structure.  They apparently are not in
      complete alignment with each other as they stand.  Marty
      volunteers to work with Mark on a revision to this section
      of NDR next week in Washington.

2. Action plan

   Here is the plan arrived at in today's CLSC call:

      Marty generates instructions to GEFEG for how to generate a
      new set of code list schemas that is in accordance with our
      current plan; this modifies the schema generator so that it
      now produces the right thing with regard to the CL schema
      template from any version of the data model.  Instructions
      from Marty to GEFEG are due by COB Thursday so that David at
      GEFEG can implement them Friday morning.  Also on Thursday,
      TTSC meets to discuss other schema issues brought forward by
      GEFEG and either resolve them or raise them (if necessary)
      across other SCs.  On Friday, GEFEG generates a new set of
      schemas.  Then CL reviews this set to confirm that it
      accords with the CL paper.

      Next week, Marty and Mark Crawford meet in Washington to
      revise section 6 of the NDRs to reflect the final codelist
      spec.  At the same time, LC finishes its updates to the data
      model.  Then we do a final run to incorporate the updates to
      the data model in the schemas.

Jon