ubl message

Subject: HISC Minutes for Teleconference 2004-06-03 15:00UTC

Please find attached the minutes from our teleconference yesterday.

...................... Ken
Title: HISC Minutes 2004-06-03 - 15:00UTC (11:00EDT/08:00PDT) - DRAFT

HISC Minutes 2004-06-03 - 15:00UTC (11:00EDT/08:00PDT) - DRAFT

$Date: 2004/06/04 11:06:07 $(UTC)

1.  Roll call and quorum

The meeting began on time at 15:00UTC.

Call participants intending to become voting members of HISC:

  • Stephen Green

  • G. Ken Holman (HISC chair)

Call participants intending to become observer members of HISC:

  • Mike Grimley

  • Anne Hendry

  • Oriol Bausa

Additional participants:

  • Jon Bosak (UBL chair)

2.  Agenda

The agenda was posted to the UBL mail list:

No new items were added to the agenda.

3.  Minutes of the last meeting

We don't have a "last meeting" for this new committee.

4.  Membership

No one on the call is in the position to help chair future meetings. My own work obligations will strain my ability to chair all of the meetings, so would candidate members please consider helping to co-chair.

Ken reported that Fabio Arciniegas offered some secretarial help with the subcommittee.

5.  Web site

Ken is following up with Jon Bosak regarding the HISC area of the UBL web site.

6.  Reports of standing committees

No standing committees are formed at this time.

7.  Outstanding action items

No outstanding issues exist for this inaugural meeting.

8.  Agenda items

8.1.  Standing agenda items

None established at this time.

8.2.  Running agenda items

20040603-Agenda1 - Charter - Ken

  • candidate items for the charter were discussed

  • summary of possible items:

    • address existing output specifications for print

    • consider output specifications for browser and hand-held screen geometries

    • consider input specifications

      • paper geometries

      • browser and hand-held screen geometries

    • consider adding other examples of the presentation of UBL information in other contexts

      • Ken reminded the group that they are only examples, but that more examples than just the UN Layouts might be useful

      • Stephen commented that layouts could be related to a small business profile

    • do we need to specify presentation information related to translations?

      • is there a role for adjunct files, perhaps for code lists?

  • Jon reminded the group to keep the charter simple and extendible

20040603-Agenda2 - 1.0 bug list - Ken

  • Ken will initiate a 1.0 bug list for obvious problems in the 1.0 formatting specifications as written

  • the larger issue of strategies for handling absent information and fallback behaviours would be part of a future release of UBL

  • Ken reminded the group to distinguish problems in the formatting specifications from problems in any stylesheet implementation of the formatting specifications

    • if the problem is with an implementation, the issue should be brought up with the developer and not with the committee

    • problems with the formatting specifications can be considered for when they will be addressed by the committee

9.  Action items

20040603-Action1 - charter - Ken

  • draft a simple and extensible charter

20040603-Action2 - bug list- Ken

  • start a bug list for 1.0 formatting specifications

10.  Future meetings

The next teleconference will be June 10, 2004. I am not available to chair a meeting the week of June 14, 2004 (and possibly the rest of the June meetings) ... can others offer to chair these time slots? Remember we should be using the mail list for most of our discussion in order to keep the meetings short.

11.  Adjournment

The meeting ended after 54 minutes.

--
Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
Next: 3-day XSLT/XPath; 2-day XSL-FO - Birmingham, UK June 14,2004

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc