ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Idea about the structure of UBL package.

[abcoates@londonmarketsystems.com:]

| When I used to work on educational multimedia projects, this kind
| of problem often arose.  The short answer is that with 300 files,
| there is never going to be a single way of organising them that
| satisfies everyone's needs.  The simplest solution is to provide
| different "trails" through the documents that suit different
| users.  That can be done using suitable HTML pages that guide
| different groups of users to view particular files in a particular
| order that suits the needs of that group.
|
| Does that sound like a reasonable approach?

Yes, it does, but we still have to choose a "default" document
organization, if only to give ourselves an editorial structure to
work within.  I agree with Saito-san that this is an issue that
should be explored when we start packaging 1.1.

In the meantime, someone with the requisite time and energy could
indeed prepare an alternative to the 1.0 index.html that would
provide a different view of the work.  I'm not sure who has time
for this right now, but people are more than welcome to try.  The
hypertext approach we took to publishing the 1.0 package would
make this technically very easy to do.

Jon