ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] 1.0 Issues list

At 2004-06-08 10:02 -0700, Anne Hendry wrote:
>If someone has anything they want to add before tomorrow's call, let me
>know as I'll probably find a few more myself this afternoon and send out
>an update tonight.

UBL 1.0 bugs that HISC will need to consider fixing:

(1) - should XPath files be added to 1.0 package or wait for 1.1?
     - if there are any changes to the schema structures, the XPath
       files will need to be regenerated
     - there is no documentation for the XPath files if it is
       decided they should be included
     - this is only an addition due to an omission, it is not a change,
       but the XPath files will be very useful to implementers

(2) - is the missing certification at the bottom of the invoice
       mandatory?
     - if so, is it important enough to add to 1.0 or wait for 1.1?
     - this is only an addition due to an omission, it is not a change,
       and there is some question as to whether or not it is really
       needed

(3) - the specifications do not indicate what to do when
       cbc:CountrySubentity is absent
     - cbc:CountrySubentity is absent in sample XML files
     - specification should change to indicate the use of
       cac:CountrySubentityCode when cbc:CountrySubentity is
       absent
     - this is a fault as it does not properly handle the sample XML

(4) - the specifications do not indicate what to do when the
       detailed address is absent, such as using the unstructured
       address lines
     - there are no absent detailed addresses in the samples, so this
       is not something obvious in 1.0
     - this is only an addition due to an omission, it is not a change
       and has bigger implications regarding standardized address
       processing that is probably outside of the scope of HISC and
       should be documented as standard UBL practice of handling
       partially-completed address information

I'm thinking only (3) is really important, but I'd like the assessment from
others regarding (1).  I don't think (2) or (4) are important enough for a
revised UBL 1.0 and can wait for UBL 1.1, but that is only my own opinion.

I'm awaiting suggestions for other bugs from other members of HISC; none
have been received at this time.

--
Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
Next: 3-day XSLT/XPath; 2-day XSL-FO - Birmingham, UK June 14,2004

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc