ubl message

Subject: Minutes Atlantic Call July 21 3004

Dear all
please find attached a copy of the Minutes of the Atlantic call for
July 21 2004

Regards
Mavis
1. Roll Call and welcome by the Moderator (Mavis).

Jon Bosak
Mavis Cournane
Tony Coates
Eduardo Gutentag
Sylvia Webb
Paul Thorpe
Bill Meadows
Sue Probert
Mark Crawford
Alan Sitzer
Jessica Glace
Mike Grimley
Monica Martin

Regrets
Michael Dill

    Text in {braces} refers to items in the work list at

       http://ibiblio.org/bosak/ubl/worklist.xls

    You should refer to the latest version of this file just before
    the meeting begins.  The reference format is

       {Sheet_Name:line_number}

    where "Sheet_Name" is "UBL10", "Teamwork", etc.

STANDING ITEMS

{Standing_Agenda:6}  Calendar review
                      JG: Check with organizers of OTA conference
                      (October in Chicago)

{Standing_Agenda:7}  Event reports
Done

{Liaisons:6} ATG
              MarkC: Tell us what the meeting outcome means for UBL

JB: Our primary concern was the CCTS schema discussion and what the
outcome means for backward compatibility with `.
It depends on whether you want to align with their unqualified schema
module and CCT schema module. They went  through Tim's document and
agreed and disagreed with some of it.
MC: The draft schema will be discussed on a call next week, with their
concurrence I can show it to you. Is there something else. The best
person to make the assessment would be Tim. He would have the best
sense of the impact of the deltas.
AH: stephen would have as much understanding of this.
JB: When should we have it on the agenda as a UBL discussion item.
MC: The next scheduled call is the 27th of July.
MC: I will see if I would get a commitment to send the drafts over to
UBL and OAG as a courtesy review.
JB: Do you have a sense whether we are looking at painful changes for
1.1 in order to align.
MC: Tim will have to chime in on the impact of the code list schema
modules of eliminating the white space capabilities etc.

{Liaisons:13} Ontolog forum
               PY: Liaison status
Deferred.

SUBCOMMITTEES AND WORK TEAMS

{Teamwork:3} HISC
Deferred
{Teamwork:4} SSC
A few weeks ago there was a presentation by the people from Hitachi.
they will give this at the F2F. They wanted to see if anyone was doing
anything similar. So far they are the first. It has been encouraging
because there has been someone from Asia participating in every
afternoon call. Several work items are in progress. There is a
marketing effort headed by Ray, an effort to document some of the
implementations. Stephen has put out documents on the profile idea he
is trying to build upon.

{Teamwork:6} Marketing: UBL value prop
              SSC: Any progress on this?
Nothing has happened recently on this. Anne is expecting somehting from
Ray on this soon.
PRIORITY ITEMS FOR THIS MEETING

{Documents:2} NDR
               MarkC: draft due to TC by 20040628
Not there yet. It is closer than it was. I have been waiting to see if
issues would impact the NDR. The figures need to be aligned to 2.3
review, 3.1 review, for alignment with the modularity, 3.2 needs
fixing, 3.3 needs fixing except the ones that come out of CCTS. I need
a word version of the checklist that was in the release.

Draft Q is the last draft,

Action item: Mavis to Ping lisa for this
There is a whole bunch of tutorial type discussions Section 3.3 in the
reusability schemes, it seemed that whole section could be cut down to
2 paragraphs. Mark will put it out again. Allow 3 days,

{Documents:7} Code list specification -- Design: code list extension
               TC and MB: Meet offline and report back
Ongoing
{UBL10:11} IP notice
            JB: Send notice to TC